Appearance
🎉Life Quotes🥳
"Low Row is a village in Swaledale, in the Yorkshire Dales, North Yorkshire, England. It lies about 3 miles west of Reeth and is between Healaugh and Gunnerside. It is part of the Richmondshire parish Melbecks. It is a linear village running along one road, the B6270. To the east, Low Row merges with the settlement of Feetham. A working farm, Hazel Brow Farm, is open to visitors and 'The Punch Bowl', a stone inn dated 1638, is by the main road. ==History== The name Low Row comes from the Norse "The Wra" (a nook). The surname "Raw" is associated with the village. The village was raided by Jacobites in 1745, and bodies probably from that raid are buried at the church in Low Row. On 5 July 2014, the Tour de France Stage 1 from Leeds to Harrogate passed through the village. ==Smarber Chapel and Low Row United Reformed Church== The remains of Smarber Chapel in 2009, looking east. The chapel is in the foreground. The former cottage, now a barn, stands behindPhilip, Lord Wharton,Wadsworth, K W, Philip, Lord Wharton – Revolutionary Aristocrat? Journal of the United Reformed Church History Society Volume 4 No 8 May 1991(being the 1990 Annual Lecture of the Society) owned land in the area. On this stood a number of shooting lodges including one at Crackpot, near Keld, and one at Smarber, a small hamlet on the ridge to the west of Low Row. A Puritan sympathiser, in around 1690 Wharton converted part of the Smarber lodge into a chapel for ‘Protestant Dissenters’.Stell, Christopher An inventory of nonconformist chapels and meeting-houses in the north of England 1994 Page 215 He particularly had the needs of the local lead miners in mind. It was a small, simple building; the lower part of the dry-stone wall remains and shows evidence of plaster and the location of a window. At the east end, an adjoining barn still stands. This also shows traces of plaster and windows and is considered originally to have been a cottage attached to the chapel. It is knownDale, Bryan, The Good Lord Wharton, revised edition 1906Whitehead, T. History of the Dales Congregational Churches, Keighley 1930. p.151. that Wharton bought land near Kirkby Stephen, the income from which was to support a minister at Smarber. Low Row United Reformed Church, 2007In 1809 a new chapel was built, beside the road at the west end of Low Row, and the former building fell into disrepair. Having originally tended to favour the Presbyterian position, the chapel declared itself Congregational in 1867, during the 50-year ministry of John Boyd.The Christian World 27 August 1875 He also supervised a major rebuild in 1874. This cost over £300 and resulted in the building as seen today.A Church Renewed, Low Row United Reformed Church, 1974 Now part of the United Reformed Church, an active congregation continues to worship in the chapel and ‘pilgrimages’ to the former building take place from time to time.Conran, Elizabeth, Dissent in the Two Dales 1662–2012, 2012 ==References *Low Row United Reformed Church, including a history Category:Villages in North Yorkshire Category:Swaledale "
"Kearton is a hamlet in the Yorkshire Dales, North Yorkshire, England. Kearton is situated near Low Row and Reeth. Surrender Mill at Surrender Bridge, near Kearton, the ruins of a former lead smelting site ==References Category:Villages in North Yorkshire Category:Swaledale "
"John M. Bennett (born 1942, in Chicago) is an American experimental text, sound, and visual poet. == Writing and publishing == As well as steadily producing and distributing his own work, Bennett, through "Luna Bisonte Prods", a small press founded in 1974, has published thousands of limited edition items by writers who compose visual poetry, word art, and other experimental fiction/art/poetry. Bennett's papers, and published works, as well as the results of his own publishing activities (including 30 years of "Lost & Found Times" magazine), are collected in several major institutions, including Washington University in St. Louis, SUNY Buffalo, The Ohio State University and The Museum of Modern Art. Bennett has won the attention of critic Richard Kostelanetz and other commentators on the avant-garde. Bennett himself is the curator of the "Avant Writing Collection", "The William S. Burroughs Collection", and "The Cervantes Collection" at the Ohio State University Libraries. More information about Bennett's career, publishing activities and artistic endeavors can be found at his website. == Performances and sound works == Bennett's collaborations with sound poet/performance artist Rod Summers began in the late 1970s. Bennett has performed solo and worked together with numerous musicians (for instance Jorge Luiz Antonio, Jim Leftwich, Andrew Topel, Scott Helmes, Kommissar Hjuler and Mama Baer (both members of Boris Lurie's NO!Art Movement), Martín Gubbins, Ivan Argüelles, Tom Cassidy, F. A. Nettelbeck and other poets, often with the collaborative sound poetry group The Be Blank Consort, which has released a recording titled Sound Mess. This group was founded as a result of a symposium organized by Richard Kostelanetz at the Atlantic Center for the Arts in 1999. The members of The Be Blank Consort include Scott Helmes, Carlos Luis, and K.S. Ernst, among others. == Selected publications == *The Peel (Anabasis, 2004) *Rolling Combers (Potes & Poets Press) *Chac Prostibulario (with Ivan Arguelles) (Pavement Saw Press, 2001) *Mailer Leaves Ham (Pantograph Press, 1999) *Loose Watch (Invisible Books, 1998) *Glue (xPress(ed), 2005) *Instruction Paper (Luna Bisonte Prods, 2006) *Cantar Del Huff (Luna Bisonte Prods, 2006) *la M al (Blue Lion Books, 2006) *Sound Dirt (with Jim Leftwich) (Luna Bisonte Prods, 2006) == External links == * John M. Bennett Website * The John Bennett Papers at Washington University in St. Louis * 3:AM interview Category:1942 births Category:Living people Category:American performance artists Category:Poets from Illinois Category:American publishers (people) Category:Artists from Chicago Category:Washington University in St. Louis alumni "